A little more about me..
I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, and I work with companies across the globe, delivering websites for small and medium businesses, as well as work as an outsourcing partner to various web and design agencies.
I run workshops across the globe, currently focusing on SVG and CSS, covering practical tips on using CSS and SVG in a modern Responsive Web Design workflow.
I love writing and teaching—breaking down complex topics into simple, digestible concepts; so I’ve combined both passions into writing articles & tutorials on front-end development on my blog and for several high-profile online magazines including Codrops, where I wrote a CSS Reference, Adobe Dreamweaver Team Blog, Smashing Magazine, where I’m also an occasional tech reviewer, and CSS-Tricks. I've also written for A List Apart and Opera Developers' Blog (dev.opera).
My work has been recognized by several large organizations, including Google, Apple, Microsoft and Adobe, among others.
Shortlisted for two net awards: Developer of the Year and Outstanding Contribution of the Year, I was voted the Developer of the Year in the 2015 net awards. I also won an O’Reilly Web Platform Award in April 2015 for my contributions to the Web community.
This website has been awarded HTML5 Site Of The Month in the September 2013 issue of net magazine.
- 20 Web Designers and Developers You Should be Following on Twitter by Shopify.
- 25 Coders Worth Following on Twitter in 2015 by Free Code Camp.
- The Doctor Is In – A List Apart Column — by Jeffrey Zeldman
- CSS Masking Module Level 1 – Acknowledgement Section
- How To Stay Up To Date on Web Stuff Slide Deck by Chris Coyier
- Women Inspire Women
- Talented Female Front-End Coders – Chris Coyier on The Codepen Blog
- CSS Shapes Geometry Discussed and Demo’d – Adobe Web Platform Team’s Blog
- 5 Ways To Find Inspiration When you’re Stuck In A Rut – Treehouse Blog
I’m a tea drinker. When I'm writing or coding, you'll often find me sipping a cup of my favourite fruit-flavored green tea.
I’m a bird person—not very fond of cats. My favourite bird species is the [Middle-Eastern] White-Spectacled Yellow-Vented Bulbul—of which I raised at least a dozen throughout my life (the last two of which you can see in the photo below). I think they’re the most beautiful birds in existence.
I also used to draw, and intend to create a proper gallery for my drawings at some point in the future.